Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Frozen Tundra... of doom

As y'all know... this place is ridiculously cold! I'm from the beach, I am not used to this cold nonsense!

Rexburg had it's first snow fall in October, and by the time I came back from Christmas break, there is a solid and thick layer of snow on everything. It's even gotten into the negatives since I've been here!! Luckily I just got myself a super cute new coat, and I have been stockpiling cute boots for some time now.

Meet the newest members of my collection! >>>
They just came in today and I am so excited! I can't wait for Sunday so I can wear them!

So how in the world do I keep myself warm in the frozen tundra you ask...
well...
Boots
Sweaters
BIG coats that make you sweat when you're indoors
Hats, Gloves, and cute scarfs that you're momma makes for you
Hot Chocolate
Lots of Socks
Cuddle buddies! (currently accepting applications)

Most of the time the cold isn't that bad. The worst parts are when you slip in the snow or melted snow inside the buildings... which I have already done. AND when you step outside and it's so cold your nose hairs freeze. Ick. Not fun.

But the snow is so beautiful and makes life a lot more interesting. Although I won't see green grass for a long time, i'm going to make sure I have fun in the snow while I can!

Might I add that it's 36 degrees outside right now, and I think it's warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment