Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Remember the Alamo!


Don't ask me why, but for as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with Davy Crockett. I just remember hearing about him one day. And then I found his biography in the school library when I was in 4th grade. I don't even remember how many times I read that thing. I voluntarily wrote a research paper about him in school and I was constantly singing his theme song from the Disney movie (which you can hear in the youtube video I posted). For those of you who don't know who he is, he is a butt-kickin frontier man/ politician from Tennessee. He was one of the few who responded to the call for help at the Alamo, and there he took his last stand, as no one who fought in the Alamo that day survived. Because of this I have always wanted to go visit them Alamo. Well... this past week, I got to see the place of my childhood dreams!
We took a company vacation to San Antonio and I was way to excited to finally see the Alamo. I wandered around in awe, and I bought way too many souvenirs. It was awesome, and I can't wait to go back one day!
Ronnie, Isaac and I in the car on the way there

SO CLOSE!! I was freaking out by this point.

FINALLY fulfilling my childhood dreams at the Alamo! (Don't judge the bad foot tan)

My Hero :)

No comments:

Post a Comment