Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two Years

Two years is a long time to leave your family and friends. Missionaries sacrifice so much to do so, and saying goodbye is always so hard. This song describes perfectly how a mother, a missionary girlfriend, and a missionary feel when they leave.
I know I will miss my family so much but I know that I'm spending 2 years without them so that I can help others spend an eternity with their families.
The second verse always brings tears to my eyes. My best friend Dalton Oakey is serving is mission in California right now. He has been gone just over 2 months, and saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
Pay close attention to the last verse for how I feel: "It's only a small thing when you look at eternity".


Her little boy has grown up so fast,
She looks back in awe at the time that has past.
Now, 18 years old and he's ready to go
To share his light and God's love with the world.

She'd always known that this day was ahead,
Now it's finally here and she just stares at his bed.
Where a few white shirts and long black coat
Sit in his suitcase with a letter she wrote, saying:
My best friend :)

Two years is a long time for me,
To be here without you
It's hard to believe
But I know it's the right thing.
And I'll miss you dearly.

Young girl, just 18 years old    
Wasn't quite ready to see her best friend go,
For 730 days she tried to hold them back,
But her tears gave way, saying:

Two years is a long time for me,
To be here without you
It's hard to believe
But I know it's the right thing.
And I'll miss you dearly.

Car pulls up, time is now,
To say goodbye for 2 years, they didn't know how
He got his bags, tears rush out.
With a heart full of love, he says:

Two years is the time for me
To give back for I owe each breathe that I breath
It's only a small thing,
When you look at eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment