Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cookie Perfection

Everyone loves cookies and everyone seems to be on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. Well, I found it! Maybe it's just the magic that comes with baking at Grandma's house, but today I made the perfect cookies. What makes me think they are perfect? Well, they are delicious soft and fluffy. They aren't the cookies that go flat in the oven.
We found the recipe on pinterest and decided to give it a try, so now I'm sharing it with you because everyone deserves to eat the perfect cookie right?!

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch (the secret ingredient!)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
2. In a mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips
5. Make cookie dough balls about 1 inch in size. Bake for 8-10 minutes until barely golden around the edges (the tops won't brown, but do not cook longer than 10 minutes).
6. Let cool on sheet for for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to finish cooling on rack. Makes about 3 dozen.
7. Enjoy and share!

I would upload pictures but I don't have any 3G service here so I can't upload my pictures from my phone. So you will just have to make them and see how beautiful they are yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment