Monday, August 5, 2013

Lake Date

So as y'all know I'm in Washington visiting my grandparents for a couple weeks. Well, while I was here I got asked out on a date. There are no need for names but just think: tall, dark, and handsome ;)
Well the original plan was hiking, but plans changed last minute, and we went to his family lake house at Lake Cushman. I figured this meant swimming so I was definitely unprepared for everything that we got to do. From 9:30 am to 5 pm we played hard and let me tell you, I am exhausted.

--Listening to Beach Boys and Lord of the Rings: CHECK
--Throwing big rocks off of a REALLY TALL bridge: CHECK
It was sooooo gorgeous. The first picture is of my view from the bridge. Oh and apparently when you throw big rocks off of big bridges into water they make big BOOM noises. It was like fire works! Especially when the rock hit a cliff and exploded before hitting the water.
--Kayaking across a beautiful lake: CHECK
--Climbing down (and up) not one but THREE waterfalls: CHECK
Ok so I was NOT prepared to hike and climb, I brought my bathing suit and the only shoes I had were Toms, and if you don't know they have ZERO tread. So we climbed down these waterfalls with no tread shoes, I thought I was going to die several times. Did I mention that the water was so cold that when I got in I literally couldn't breath for a second. The hike was hard but so worth it. Once we got to the bottom we got to just sit in the sun and relax and enjoy the breathtaking beauty... And then we had to go back up. My legs are quite angry at me right now after all that climbing.
--Learning how to drive a boat: CHECK
--Drank mini Martinelli's: CHECK
--Swam in a beautiful lake: CHECK
--Had an awesome gospel discussion during the hour car drive home: CHECK
--Smiled a lot: CHECK




What a great date, and totally not a normal date that's for sure. I had so much fun and I am really proud of myself for climbing those waterfalls it's definitely something I never thought I would have the guts to do. But let me tell you, I wouldn't have been able to do it if I wasn't praying the whole time down those waterfalls. Another testimony to me that the Lord hears and answers prayers even the small insignificant ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment